How Your Freezer Can Help You Save Money (And Time)
Want to make your groceries last longer and spend less time in the kitchen? Your freezer can help.
Vegetables and Herbs
Just slice and dice your onions, chili peppers, and zucchini before placing them in Ziploc bags and storing them in the freezer. When you're ready to thaw them, just leave them out at room temperature for a few hours. This trick makes meal prep a breeze! You can also freeze fresh herbs in olive oil by placing them in an ice cube tray. Just add them to soups and stews for extra flavor.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.