How To Avoid Weight Gain During the Holidays
Worried about packing on the pounds this holiday season? Follow these tips to keep your weight in-check all the way through to the new year!
Keep Your Stress In Check
We know, it's the holidays... It's bound to get a bit stressful at times. But did you know that stress can actually trigger extra weight gain?
High stress can contribute to high levels of cortisol, a hormone that has been linked to weight gain. Stress cravings are a real thing, and they might lead you to consume more junk food than you're already tempted to do, with all the seasonal goodies around to enjoy.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.