Here’s What Happens in Your Body When You Lose Weight
You can see the outside results just by looking in the mirror, but so much more than your jeans size is changing. So what exactly goes on inside your body?
You Lose Water Weight
The goal of a diet is to lose fat, not water. But the truth is that, no matter what kind of regime you put yourself on, if you start losing weight, you're going to lose some water weight too.
In fact, this is normally what causes the sudden drop in weight that many of us experience at the beginning of a diet. It's also what causes that drop to end after just a week or two of the new routine: your water weight levels balance out a bit and stop falling so rapidly.
So don't be discouraged if you have great success at first, followed by a rapid level-out as you're working your way down. Odds are your body has just stopped losing so much water and is now only shedding fat.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.