Introducing the McVegan, McDonald's Groundbreaking New Vegan Burger
The fast food giant just unveiled its first vegan-friendly burger at select international locations. Here's what the burger is made of!
© McDonald's Sweden
Vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians around the world have been calling for more accessible meat alternatives in the mainstream market, and McDonald's has finally stepped up to deliver.
In a December 2017 announcement on their website, the fast food mega-giant introduced the revolutionary McVegan burger, an entirely plant-based sandwich free of any animal products, in locations across Sweden and Finland. And people were thrilled!
Sales in Finland matched expectations, whereas in Sweden they soared far above everyone's wildest predictions. All this buzz has left the whole rest of the world begging for a taste...
So what exactly is the burger made of, you wonder?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!