Thanksgiving Breakfast Ideas that Leave Plenty of Room for Turkey
What to eat on Thanksgiving morning to tide you over 'til the big feast? Here are 10 light breakfast ideas that won't spoil your turkey appetite!
© Getty Images
Veggie Skillet Frittata
Avoid hyper-caloric baked goods on Thanksgiving morning, and opt for a healthy veggie-heavy frittata instead. Simply saute whatever vegetables you have on hand until they're softened and mostly cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, and pour in 6 beaten eggs. Top with a dusting of grated cheese if you want or keep it low-fat. You can cook this up in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, let the eggs set, and broil until the eggs are a bit puffy and the cheese is starting to brown.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.