This Post-Thanksgiving Buddha Bowl will Make You Feel Amazing
This Buddha Bowl is packed full of nutrients and is so incredibly easy to put together with this step-by-step recipe!
Wondering what to eat in the days after Thanksgiving? Treat yourself to this wholesome, nourishing buddha bowl with fresh veggies, protein-rich quinoa and chickpeas, and sweet potato. Topped with a creamy chive dressing, it won't leave you feeling the least bit deprived!
Ingredients (for 1 bowl):
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small piece of red cabbage (about the size of a tennis ball)
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds (sesame, poppy, flax, etc.)
Creamy chive dressing:
- 1 plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 bunch of chives
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!