Gougères: How to Make Classic, Airy French Cheese Puffs
To make about 20 gougères (4 cm in diameter), you'll need:
- 3 ounces of whole or skim milk
- 3 ounces of water
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated cheese, such as Swiss or Gruyère (if you can find it)
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1/2 an egg and a pinch of salt for the egg wash
More steaming articles
A step by step recipe for homemade chai... Easy-As-Pie Pineapple Dole Whips Potato Cups With Blue Cheese And...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chicken Quesadillas
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.