New Year recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated New Year recipes
Tazukuri (Crispy Dilis)
Toast dried fish on low heat until crispy
- 100g Small Dried Fish
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Sake
- 2 Tbsp Shoyu
- sesame seeds (optional)
Lead The Toast With Rock Candy Champagne Cocktails
The holidays are our favorite time of the year: the lights, the music, and, of course, the cocktails! If you really want to dazzle at your next holiday party, why not give this rock candy champagne a try?
New Year Cakes
Grandma's special new year cakes
- 1 qt buttermil
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups rye flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark syrup
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tsp anise seed