Cod tartare with ginger, lime & kiwi
By Marama du blog Au Yéti Gourmand
- 3 oz cod fillet
- 1 lime (organic)
- Piece ginger (2cm)
- Espelette pepper
- 1.5 to 2 ripe kiwis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Guérande sea salt, pepper
- Grapefruit zest
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash and drain the cod fillets on paper towels.
Dice into small pieces (about 1 cm).
In a bowl large enough, combine olive oil, lime juice and some zest. Peel a piece of fresh ginger and chop. Mix with the rest of the bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Marinate the fish 2 hours in the refrigerator. Peel and slice kiwi fruit into cubes. Place them in glasses.
After two hours, drain the fish pieces and place on top of the kiwi.
Optional: you can sprinkle all the lemon juice. Sprinkle with a pinch of Espelette pepper for visual touch. Prepare thin slices of grapefruit zest to stick on the top of toothpicks like sombreros.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!