- 10 cups flour
- 2 1/4 sticks of butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cube of yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 scant cup of sugar
- milk powder
- icing sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl place the flour, cubed butter, egg yolks, sugar, yeast diluted in a little warm milk, a pinch of salt, begin to mix, knead, adding milk until you have a very soft dough.
let rise to twice its volume, for best results punch bread in the center and let rise again, degrade again by removing all the air, put in the fridge.
Heat oil, roll the dough to a rectangle, cook in oil quickly, drain, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Asparagus and Tapenade Verrine 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Jans Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Indian Fry Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!