Chicken with Cauliflower and Apples
With just a few ingredients and one baking sheet you can have a wonderful dinner on the table in under an hour!
- 4 bone in skin on chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 1/2 pound) cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Pink Lady or Cameo apples cut into 1/2 inch wedges
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven 450 degrees.
Place racks in upper and lower thirds. Place chicken, cabbage, thyme and half the cauliflower on a rimmed baking.
Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until cauliflower is tender. 20 minutes, stirring twice during that time.
Remove from oven. Add apples to baking sheet with chicken and remaining cauliflower and return to oven. Cook until chicken is cooked through and apples are tender. About 20 minutes. Stirring twice.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ bacon wrapped asparagus 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Amandines 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.1/5 (369 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Roast Chicken Stuffed Potatoes... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Review this recipe