Cheesy potato casserole with crispy topping.
- Shredded Hashbrowns or potatoes (uncooked)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (sharp preferably)
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 3 cups of cornflakes crumbled into small pieces
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until soft and well blended.
Melt 1 stick of butter and mix together with cream cheese, shredded potatoes, can of soup and shredded cheese. Mix completely.
Melt 1/2 stick of butter and stir together with 3 cups of crushed cornflakes.
Evenly spread out potato mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. cover the mixture with a layer of the crushed cornflakes.
Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 50 mins.
Take foil off and bake for an additional 10 mins or until the top layer is golden brown
Hashbrown potatoes (if frozen) and cream cheese (if hard) mix easier when they have reached room temperature. Casserole should be bubbling before you brown the top.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Hash 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Baked Potato Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!
Review this recipe