Grandma's Green bean casserole
Just like Grandma made on the holidays
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans French style green
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add green beans, and stir to coat.
3. Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top. In a small bowl, toss together cracker crumbs and remaining butter, and sprinkle over the cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly.
I trade canned green beans for fresh it gives it a wonderful fresh taste.