Linguine with bacon and fresh herbs
A hearty , savory main dish
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1/8 cup xtra virgin olive oil
- a couple cloves/ garlic (minced)
- fresh parsley & fresh basil (1/4 cup ea.)
- 8 oz bacon
- salt and pepper to taste.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Fry the bacon till crisp. Then, dice the bacon.
Boil the linguine and drain.
Saute all the other ingredients on med.-low until garlic browns lightly.
Pour the sauté mixture over the linguine and stir. Then, add the crisp bacon on top and serve!
This is a very hearty dish. I serve it with a light dessert.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!