- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!