Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Meringue Roses
These Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Meringue Roses are not only elegant, but also decadent and delicious. It's sweet and tangy, the texture is light as air. You and your guests won't be able to stop at just one.
These Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Meringue Roses are not only elegant, but also decadent and delicious. Recipe here.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 package (3 ounces) Strawberry Jell-O
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate Chips (for dipping)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Grind freeze dried strawberries and sugar in a food processor until powdery. Set aside.
Place the egg whites in a large bowl and with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat on medium until frothy. Pour the Jell-O, and strawberry mixture into the bowl in a slow, steady stream. Turn mixer on high and continue to beat until the egg whites are stiff and shiny, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract until just combined.
Scrape the meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip and pipe the cookies onto the lined baking sheets. Starting in the middle and make 2 full circles, about 2-inch in diameter and 1 1/2-inch apart.
Bake the meringues until they are firm, about 2 hours. Turn off the oven and leave them in there overnight.
In a microwave heated bowl, melt your favorite chocolate chips on high. Stirring chocolate in 30 second interval until chocolate chips are just melted. Slightly cool melted chocolate before dipping the bottom of the meringue roses and place them on a lined baking pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate firmed up.
You'll also love
- Foie Gras with crusty gingerbread... 3.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Parm-a-Meatloaf 3.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberry-Basil ‘n Cream 3.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Noix Japonaises 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Microwave Chocolate Dipped... 2.9/5 (77 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Crusted Lemon Meringue... 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!