Perfect Sweet Tea
- 5 - 8 Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags)
- ( I prefer #1 Luzianne or #2 Liptons Brand Teas.)
- 1 Quart (4 Cups) - Boiling Water
- 3 Quarts (12 cups) - Cool Water
- 1 1/2 - 2 (one & a half) - Cups Sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon - Baking Soda (this IS the SECRET Ingredient!!)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher (I use a gallon-size Mason Jar but many people have voiced concerns about pouring boiling water into a glass container, so use whatever container you'd like)
Add Tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda,
Pour Boiling water over tea bags,
Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
Remove and toss out Tea Bags,
Add Sugar and Stir until completely dissolved.
Add Cool Water.
Refrigerate until cold and ready to drink.
Serve over ice,
Take a nice long sip.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.