Chicken Enchilada Skillet
This tasty chicken enchilada skillet is the perfect weeknight dinner!
- 3 boneless - skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 6 corn tortillas - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 avocado - halved - seeded - peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup tortila strips
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
Add corn tortillas to the skillet, and cook, stirring often until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes.
Stir in diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and chicken until well combined and heated through, about 2 minutes.
Top with cheeses and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tortilla strips and cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.