Cherry Nut Squares
- 1) cream together 1/2 cup marg., 1/3 cup sugar
- 2) beat together 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, add to #1
- 3) blend in 1 1/2 cups flour, mix well put into 9 X 9 pan
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Topping: 2 egg whites slightly beaten, 1 cp brown sugar, 3/4 cup flaked coconut, mix well
stir in 3/4 cup walnuts, 3/4 cup raisons, 1/2 cup marshano sherries cut into 4)must be drained)
Spread over crust and bake 350 for 30 - 35 min
cool and cut into squares
You'll also love
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Brussels to Give You Muscles 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon Roll 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Dessert- Burfee 2.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Squash-coconut soup 1.8/5 (64 Votes)
- Butterscotch Squares Gramma Brett 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Squares: Cranberry Crumble 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.