Fiesta Chicken Pasta
Who says pasta has to be Italian? This quick meal will have them asking for seconds!
- 3 cups rotini pasta , uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breast s, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups chopped red pepper s (about 1-1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Kraft Mozza-Cheddar Shredded Cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir 6 min. Add peppers, dressing and chili powder; cook 3 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Stir in salsa and sour cream.
Drain pasta. Toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Substitute lean ground beef for the chicken. Omit oil. Brown meat and drain before adding peppers.
Chili powder is a powdered seasoning mix that is available in the spice aisle of your grocery store. Despite the name, it's not hot and spicy, but it does add lots of Tex-Mex flavour.