- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 284ml beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups bite sized cooked beef strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat.
add the mushrooms, onions & garlic and stir until tender
meanwhile whisk broth, worcestershire sauce & peper.
Stir flour into softened mushrooms until combined.
gradually whisk in broth mixture making sure there are no flour lumps.
Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
Boil for 1 minute.
Add the cooked beef and stir until beef is hot.
Reduce heat to low & stir in sour cream.
Serve on hot egg noodles or rice
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.