Rate this recipe 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 284ml beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups bite sized cooked beef strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat.
add the mushrooms, onions & garlic and stir until tender
meanwhile whisk broth, worcestershire sauce & peper.
Stir flour into softened mushrooms until combined.
gradually whisk in broth mixture making sure there are no flour lumps.
Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
Boil for 1 minute.
Add the cooked beef and stir until beef is hot.
Reduce heat to low & stir in sour cream.
Serve on hot egg noodles or rice
You'll also love
- Vegetable Ragout 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Goulash with paprika 3/5 (7 Votes)
- "Beef" Stroganoff 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Hamburger Stroganoff 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe