Chocolatey Triple Layer Pie
This dessert is heaven in a pie plate. The combination of sweet dark chocolate, nutty flavours, and the soft texture of Cool Whip and pudding is divine. It's as easy as mix, layer and refrigerate.
- 1-1/4 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 3 oz. Baker's Bittersweet Chocolate , melted
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted peanuts
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping , divided
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix crumbs and butter in 9-inch pie plate. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of pie plate to form crust. Mix chocolate and condensed milk until well blended. Pour into crust; sprinkle with peanuts.
Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the pudding over peanuts in crust. Add half of the whipped topping to remaining pudding; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Spread over pudding layer in crust; top with remaining whipped topping.
Refrigerate 3 hours. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Savour a serving of this indulgent, special-occasion dessert that is perfect for a party. One pie makes enough for 10 servings.
HOW TO TOAST NUTS
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread peanuts in single layer in shallow baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 min. or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
Store leftover sweetened condensed milk in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 1 week. Serve over cut-up fruit or hot cooked oatmeal. Or for extra flavour, stir into your cup of hot brewed coffee or tea instead of regular milk.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Gluten Free Bread-In-A-Cup 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe