Gluten Free Bread-In-A-Cup
This quick and easy recipe provides a deliciously spongy cake-like bread that can be sliced and toasted.
- 1 Egg
- 3 TB Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Water
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 tsp Sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Grease a large coffee mug thoroughly.
Add the egg, water, and buttermilk. Stir with a fork until blended.
Incorporate the Bisquick and sugar, stirring consistently.
Press the dough down with one finger (if it's soupy, it's fine), and clean the edges of the mug of leftover dough.
Microwave for 85-100 seconds.
Flip onto paper towel to absorb moisture and leave to cool.
Slice into rounds and toast in toaster oven for better quality and texture, or enjoy while warm.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!