Get two fruits in one great-tasting quick bread. Savor this sweet, tempting bread all by yourself, or give it as a gift during the holidays.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
2. Stir Bisquick, oats, sugar, bananas, milk and eggs in large bowl until moistened. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen loaf from sides of pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Cut into 24 slices. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Makes 1 loaf (24 slices)
Most quick breads are removed from their pans to a wire rack. This produces a drier, crisper surface. If left in the pan, the bread would become steamed and soft.
Try using fresh raspberries instead of the blueberries in this flavorful, moist bread.