Delicious Walnut Banana Bread
This delicious banana bread is sprinkled with walnuts, adding a wonderful crunchy contrast to the moistness of the bread. An instant favorite.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 50 min. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
And then I crush another 1/4 cup of walnuts, mix that with 1/4 cup brown sugar, and sprinkle that over the top just before putting it in the oven. :)
You'll also love
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- French Chocolate Cobblestones 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Sour Cream Pound Cake 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Cinnamon Cookies 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana Avocado Baby Food 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Vazhaikkai Puttu 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Crunch 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Buttery Pecan snowballs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Wondering why we've made a video how to peel a banana? Thinking you already know how it's done? Are you sure? What if we told you you've been peeling bananas the Wrong Way?! Watch the video to find out how you'll be peeling banana's from now on!