Soft Shell Tacos with Cayenne Pepper
The kids all time favorites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef/or sliced beef / or chicken/ or pork
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 8 taco shells/or soft tortillas/ flour or corn
- diced onions
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- you can also use nontraditional things such as cucumbers or carrots
- water chestnuts or any other vegetable you like.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until simmering.
Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, spices, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in the ground beef.
Cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, and sugar.
Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Season with salt to taste.
I put out a tray with all of the toppings on it so they can put what they want. I have some who just like meat & cheese while others like everything
You can actually easily make your own taco shells but I usually buy the ones with the flat bottoms so they can be served easily.We also sometimes have Taco Salads as well. with the same ingrediants
You'll also love
- Taco Pie 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.