Chicken Alfredo-Pesto Pasta
The entire family is sure to love this creamy hot pasta dish.
- 220 g angel hair pasta (capellini), uncooked
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breast s, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g tub) Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 large red pepper , cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 7 min. or until done.
Stir in milk and cream cheese spread; cook 3 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add peppers, Parmesan and pesto; stir. Cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta. Add to cream cheese mixture; toss to coat.
Substitute 1-1/2 cups roasted red pepper strips for the fresh red pepper strips.
For more intense flavour, stir in 1 Tbsp. lemon zest or 1/2 cup dry-cured olives along with the peppers, Parmesan and pesto.
You'll also love
- Classic Basil Pesto 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Terrine of chicken with pesto 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Cacciatore 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe