- 2 pounds of butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup corn starch
- 6 cups of flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
blend butter, icing sugar, together and add corn starch then 1 cup of flour at a time.
YOu can put in a cookie press or just roll into balls and press down.
Put sprinkles on or cherries and bake 325 15- 20 mins
You'll also love
- Grandma's Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Nana's Shortbread 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Boston Cream Pie 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Rice Kripsie Treats 2.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Croquembouche 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Yoghurt Muffins 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Biscuits for Strawberry Shortbread 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.