Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar together. Add in eggs,vanilla and sour cream.
Mix dry ingredients together and slowly add to wet.
Split dough in half, wrap in plastic and chill for 2 hours.
Once chilled, split each disc into 3 and roll into rectangle. Spread with butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Roll into log and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Put on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 min.
Cool on cookie sheet for 5 min then move to wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!