Cookie Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1/4 c warm water
- 1 c milk
- 1 c margarine
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t salt
- 5 c flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 t lemon flavoring
- 1/2 t black walnut flavoring
- 1 c sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
Heat milk and margarine on the stove or in the microwave to 115 degrees. Pour into a bowl, with 1/4 c sugar, eggs, salt, and flavorings. Add yeast mixture. Sift in flour and stir well.
Let dough rise until doubled. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12x18 rectangle. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1 c sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, using half the mixture for each half of the dough. Roll dough up tightly into a tube. Cut into 1 inch slices. Place slices onto greased cookie sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
Let rise 5-10 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes. Frost with powdered sugar frosting.
Dough can be refrigerated before rising. Take out and let it rise the next day.
You'll also love
- Indian bread pudding 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon Roll 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mrs. Cheney's Potato Rolls 2.1/5 (45 Votes)
- Pears Poached in Red Wine 2.3/5 (134 Votes)
- Bird Nests 2.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Christmas Cherry Cookies 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- scrample eggs and fried bologna 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cinnamon Buns 2.5/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.