Indian bread pudding
Indian desert. perfect to have hot in a wet rainy day.
- Bread slices 5-8
- Ghee 4-5 tablespoons
- Almonds,finely chopped 1 tablespoons(optional)
- Raisins 1 tablespoon(optional)
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 5 tablespoons
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Water 1/2 glass
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1.Cut the bread slices into small pieces, and grind them to form very fine grains
2. Take ghee in a frying pan, and heat it to medium temperature,
3. add grounded bread, and keep mixing till bread turns dark brown
4. now add milk and water and keep mixing.
5. when the pudding turns very dense, add cardamon powder and sugar and keep mixing.
6. when the pudding is enough dense, garnish with crushed almonds and raisins
You'll also love
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.3/5 (387 Votes)
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Adhirasam (A sweet snack) 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Balu Shahi 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Bird Nests 2.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Phulourie 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Jen's Whipped Chocolate Pudding 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Chick'n Thai Curry 2.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.