Silver Palate Pumpkin Pie Modified
This is a great pumpkin pie, I have added a lot more spice. I cut out the allspice and cardamom because I rarely have these spices.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 sup brown sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup whip cream
- 1 cup whip cream
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Beat eggs and both sugars together until light. Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt, mix thoroughly. Stir in the cream.
Pour the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Bake at 450 F for 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 F for another 40-45 minutes or until filling is set ( a knife when inserted should come out clean). Let cool in fridge.
Whip the cream until stiff peaks, add sugar. Top the pie with the whipping cream when ready to serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!