As a main dish or as an appetizer, this soup is delicious and you'll be asking for more.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 bad (900g) carrots, diced
- 1tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups no salt added vegetable broth
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 22mins
Cost Average budget
in a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat: cook onion, celery and ginger, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Stir in Carrots, sugar and salt : cook stirring for 2 minutes.
Stir in 6 cups water including the broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
Fill only to half your blender and puree the carrot soup until smooth. Repeat until no soup remains. Rehat the soup over low heat until warmed through, about 1 minute.
Stir in vinegar and sesame oil.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!