- 2 1/2 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In mixing bowl combine cold water and gelatin.
In saucepan mix sugar,corn syrup and 1/2 cup water.
Cook till mixture reached 240 degrees on candy thermometer.
Slowly add hot mixture to gelatin and beat for 8-10 min.
Add extract and beat another min.
Spread to desired thickness on pan coated with icing sugar.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (200 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (215 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.3/5 (177 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Lavender Loaf 5/5 (49 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.3/5 (181 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
- Smores Bark 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Martha Washington Candy 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.