- Rawa 1 cup
- Cane Sugar 1&1/2 cup
- Cashews 1/4 cup
- Water 3 cups
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Elaichi(cardamom powder) 1/2 teaspoon
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Dry roast rawa till it becomes light brown and keep aside.
Bring water to boil.
Add roasted rawa and allow to cook till it becomes tender
Add sugar and half of ghee. cook till it gets thickened
Add remaining ghee, elachi along with cashews.
Cook till it becomes grainy and doesn't stick to pan.
Rawa kesari can be topped with fruits like pineapple, icecream or a simple frosting.
You'll also love
- Carrot halwa 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Sirnee 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Mysorepaku 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Kadambha urundai...A healthy mix. 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Pie 2.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Green apple syrup granita 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Summer Fresh Cold Pasta Salad 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- My guacamole/pico de gallo 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!