Chocolate, peanut butter bars
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- 1 cup of peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 5 cups of crispy rice cereal
- 1 6 oz bag of butterscotch chips
- 1 6 oz bag of chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan.
In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil, then remove from heat.
Immediately add the peanut butter.
Quickly add the mixture to the crispy rice cereal and mix well so the cereal is coated.
Pat the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
Melt and blend the butterscotch and chocolate chips and spread it on top of the bars.
Cool before cutting.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!