Best Ever Garlic Bread
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter well softened
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (15-inch) loaf Italian bread (about 3 1/2 inches wide)
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mince and mash garlic to a paste with a rounded 1/4 tsp salt using a heavy knife.
Stir together butter, oil, and garlic paste in a bowl until combined well; stir in parsley. Halve loaf horizontally and divide butter mixture between halves, spreading it evenly.
Divide cheese between halves and spread it in an even layer. Put halves, cheese side up, on a large baking sheet. Cover the bread with a large piece of foil, tenting it slightly on the top and tucking it under the bread.
Bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Remove foil and turn oven to broil. Broil bread until golden, 1 to 3 minutes.