This is America's Favorite Chocolate Egg
This Easter egg is no surprise.
Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Eggs
According to several polls, for a few years now, Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Eggs have been the most popular chocolate eggs around the country. Given how popular the chocolate candy is during the rest of the year, this comes as no surprise.
To what can we attribute this popularity? These seasonal Reese's have a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio, which many people say is their favorite part! Also, because they're so tiny, it's definitely way too easy to finish this candy in the blink of an eye.
Reese's may be unseated soon, however: this is the second year that the European favorite, Kinder Joy Egg, has been available in America. The popular Italian company has modified their original Kinder Surprise Egg—a hollow chocolate egg filled with toys—in order to fit with American safety standards. Instead, the Kinder egg is made of two separately sealed plastic halves. One side is filled with sweet cream and "crispy wafer bites," while the other half contains a toy.
We'll see if this candy catches on with Easter candy enthusiasts!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!