Balsamic-Caramelized Beet Carpaccio with Asparagus, Radishes, Peas, Roasted Hazelnuts & Baby Lettuce
This vegetarian beetroot carpaccio comes with all sorts of delicious spring vegetables, including asparagus and radishes. Delicious and light, it's the perfect way to imitate beef carpaccio.
© Silvia Santucci
Caramelized Beet Carpaccio In Balsamic VInegar
This stunning beat carpaccio is a delightful alternative to salads when you're looking to eat a light and healthy meal. It reimagines the original Italian appetizer with sweet, caramelized beets in balsamic vinegar and a bevy of fresh veggies to bulk things up. Here's our easy step-by-step recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!