The Story Behind Your Favorite Food Brand Mascots
From Colonel Sanders to Toucan Sam, here's everything you didn't know about the faces of your beloved food brands.
© Instagram - @cocacolaeu
Coca Cola Polar Bears
Coca Cola has been using polar bears in their print ads across the years, but first debuted them as a mascot in a 1993 TV spot called "Northern Lights." Inspiration for these furry mascots came from the creator of the commercial's yellow lab, who reminded him of a polar bear. Since then, the bears have become central to the soda's branding strategy — nowadays, Coke and "coolness" go hand-in-hand!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.