Around the World in 50 Candies
Candy is a shared global treasure, though not all candies are created equal. Here are 50 different kinds to discover from around the world!
© Instagram - @mslenocska
Hungary - Túró Rudi
You might have heard of Canadian cheese curds, but this Hungarian treat turns curds into a sweet. Rudi comes from the Hungarian word rúd, which means bar or rod, hence the candy's corresponding shape. While the flavor of the outer shell is indeed chocolaty, it's actually made from a mix of cocoa powder, hydrogenated vegetable fat, butter and sugar.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.