Healthy Desk Snacks that Won't Make You Gain Weight
Keep these healthy, desk-friendly snacks on hand to combat the afternoon munchies.
© iStock / Getty Images Plus / bhofack2
Light string cheese is a great source of protein and calcium, and firm non-refrigerated cheeses will remain safe to eat throughout the day. Look for the part-skim mozzarella kinds, which have fewer than 100 calories per stick.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!