Healthy Desk Snacks that Won't Make You Gain Weight
A square or two of dark chocolate, made with 70% cocoa or higher, is a great-pick-me up during the day, and cacoa contains magnesium, which is a natural stress reliever. The key here is, of course, not to overindulge. Break off a piece or two, then wrap it back up and place it in a desk drawer, out of sight.
If you don't have the willpower to stop at just two, pick another snack to keep on hand instead.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!