The Coziest Fall Drinks You Need to Try
© iStock / Getty Images Plus / Sarsmis
Starbucks Copycat Caramel Apple Spice
An autumnal Starbucks treat is one of the best things about fall, but those treats become a little too regular when there's so many delicious beverages to try!
Save yourself some pennies and get cozy in the kitchen instead. This one can easily be made at home, and is for anyone who loves a hot slice of apple pie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Here's how to make it:
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 8 cups pure apple juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Caramel sauce
- In a large pot, add the apple juice and let it steam over medium-heat. Do not let it boil.
- In a small pot, add the sugars, flour, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and mix. Slowly stir in the water.
- Over medium-heat, bring to a boil for 2 min until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool. As it cools, it will turn to syrup.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract, mix, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add whipping cream and powdred sugar to a bowl.
- Beat for 2 min. on high-speed until the mixture is fluffy. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and sprinkle in 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Add the syrup to bottom of each glass/mug, pour in steamed apple juice, and top with the homemade whipped cream mix and lashings of caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy while snuggling down!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Impress your guests with this tasty cocktail!
3 tbsp. of lime juice
3 tbsp. of Gin
1 egg white (optional)
a dash of sugar syrup
1 tbSP. of blackberry liqueur