Broccoli cheddar soup recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Mini Cherry Pies
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Broccoli cheddar soup recipes
Nostalgia in a bowl
By saltandpaper, Salt + Paper
Rich, creamy & comfort all in one bowl
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, choppped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken or vegetable bouillon (seasoning)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheeses (sharp,white,cheddar,jack; use any cheese you like)
- french baguette
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Rich and creamy broccoli cheese soup
- 1 minced onion
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 cups chedder cheese
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 14 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 block of cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon butter