Easy dinners for the family - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Easy dinners for the family recipes
Stuffed Jumbo Shells with Cremini Mushrooms
By rapm155, Tasty Delights
Jumbo pasta shells filled with fluffy cream cheese and ricotta
- Stuffed Jumbo Shells w Ricotta & Mushrooms
- 1 250g box jumbo shells
- 1 400 g pkg ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cup chopped cremini mushrooms (button can be substituted)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup prepared meat tomato sauce (preferably homemade)
Three Cheese Pasta Bake
This delicious variation on traditional macaroni and cheese is easy to prepare and perfect for weeknight family din...
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti
- 2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
Nostalgia in a bowl
By saltandpaper, Salt + Paper
Rich, creamy & comfort all in one bowl
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken or vegetable bouillon (seasoning)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheeses (sharp
- jack; use any cheese you like)
- french baguette
Dannielle's Chicken with Green Chili Enchilada Casserole
My twist on chicken enchiladas
- 4 boneless
- skinless chicken breasts that have been either poached or cooked ahead of time in the crock pot
- 1 -24 count package of CORN tortillas (you need 16 tortillas for this recipe)
- 1 small can of green chili
- 1 12 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 12 oz can of green enchilada sauce
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend OR Mild/Medium Cheddar Cheese Shredded
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken for Tacos
Easy crock pot dinner
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken
- 1 medium jar Pace picante salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion chopped up
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans