The best homemade french bread recipes - 4 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: gluten free bread, how to make biscuits without milk, sweet cornbread, crescent roll pizza, buttermilk cornbread
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Homemade french bread recipes
Combine water, yeast and 1 tsp sugar in a bowl
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 egg white and 1 tbsp water
Ole for Pan Con Tomate!
By Pascale Weeks
You'll go NUTS for this Spanish tomato bread!
Set aside 1/4 cup of flour and add the remaining 3 3/4 cups to mixing bowl
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
Homemade Herbed Focaccia
By Pascale Weeks
Follow this step-by-step recipe to homemade herbed focaccia that will make you RECONSIDER giving up CARBS!
Easy Homemade French Bread
Makes two nice loaves of french bread
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbs yeast
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 6-7 cups flour
Yummy special occasion bread
- 2 cups warm water, divided (110 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast (or use two .25-ounce packages yeast)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 1/2-6 1/2 cups bread flour (more if needed)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!