The best buttermilk cornbread recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: cornbread
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Buttermilk cornbread recipes
Classic Corn Bread
Best served steaming hot with a big slice of butter!
- * 2 cups white cornmeal (use yellow if that's what you have on hand)
- * 2/3 cup flour
- * 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (omit if you use regular milk rather than buttermilk)
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * Dash of black pepper
- * 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk (more or less)
- * 3 to 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings (you can substitute cooking oil)
Bread Pick Up Lines
Food Joke: Bread Pick Up Lines - Did you miss yesterday's joke? Read it here!
Paula'S Moist and Easy Cornbread
Paula doesn't disappoint
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- plus butter for baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3-Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Palmiers
By Pascale Weeks
These palm-shaped puff pastry biscuits flavored with sun-dried tomato jam are a breeze to make and a guaranteed hit when hosting.
Southwestern Spicy Black Bean and Habanero Cornbread
This was adapted from a recipe for Black Bean and Jalapeno Cornbread my aunt used to make when I was a kid
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup sugar or stevia
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nut oil
- 1/4 cup gold tequila
- 1/4 cup fine chopped cilantro
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fine chopped habanero peppers
- salt and pepper to taste