The best buttermilk cornbread recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: cornbread
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Buttermilk cornbread recipes
Classic Corn Bread
Best served steaming hot with a big slice of butter!
- * 2 cups white cornmeal (use yellow if that's what you have on hand)
- * 2/3 cup flour
- * 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (omit if you use regular milk rather than buttermilk)
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * Dash of black pepper
- * 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk (more or less)
- * 3 to 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings (you can substitute cooking oil)
Bread Pick Up Lines
Food Joke: Bread Pick Up Lines - Did you miss yesterday's joke? Read it here!
Paula'S Moist and Easy Cornbread
Paula doesn't disappoint
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- plus butter for baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3-Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Palmiers
By Pascale Weeks
These palm-shaped puff pastry biscuits flavored with sun-dried tomato jam are a breeze to make and a guaranteed hit when hosting.
Southwestern Spicy Black Bean and Habanero Cornbread
This was adapted from a recipe for Black Bean and Jalapeno Cornbread my aunt used to make when I was a kid
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup sugar or stevia
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nut oil
- 1/4 cup gold tequila
- 1/4 cup fine chopped cilantro
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fine chopped habanero peppers
- salt and pepper to taste