Our favorite skillet cornbread recipes - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: cornbread
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Skillet cornbread recipes
Southwestern Spicy Black Bean and Habanero Cornbread
This was adapted from a recipe for Black Bean and Jalapeno Cornbread my aunt used to make when I was a kid
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup sugar or stevia
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nut oil
- 1/4 cup gold tequila
- 1/4 cup fine chopped cilantro
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fine chopped habanero peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
Bread Pick Up Lines
Food Joke: Bread Pick Up Lines - Did you miss yesterday's joke? Read it here!
Add butter to 9 inch cast iron skillet and place into the oven
- 1 ½ cup White Lilly all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pure yellow corn meal (not the mix)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cup sugar *optional*
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter or bacon fat (for skillet)
3-Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Palmiers
By Pascale Weeks
These palm-shaped puff pastry biscuits flavored with sun-dried tomato jam are a breeze to make and a guaranteed hit when hosting.
Southwestern Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing
I developed this dressing to go with my Southwestern Roast Turkey, but it is also great on its own as a side with m...
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fine chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fine chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup fine chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fine chopped Anaheim chili pepper
- 4 to 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 to 5 minced red jalapeno peppers
- 1 to 3 minced habanero or other hot peppers
- 2 1/2 pounds crumbled chorizo sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 to 2 cups homemade or canned chicken stock
- 3 cups dried cornbread cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups dried sourdough bread cut into 1/2 inch cubes
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Put oil in iron skillet and heat
- 2 C self rising corn meal 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 C buttermilk 2 Tbsp oil
Homemade stovetop pita bread in 6 easy steps
By Pascale Weeks
Follow this SIMPLE 6-step recipe to make your FLUFFY pita dreams come true!
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and set aside to cool
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 14.5 oz can creamed corn