Flammenkuche or Flammkuchen
By Jeanne la malice , blog La cuisine de la petite Jeanne
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3.5 tsp of yeast
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- scant 1 cup of water.
- For the filling:
- 2 medium onions
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil (neutral for me)
- 1/2 lb smoked bacon (I cut them into match sticks)
- scant 1 cup heavy cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preparing the dough: Sift flour with salt. Dig a well in center and put it the yeast, oil, water, and mix adding the flour gradually to the center. Knead for several minutes until dough is smooth and soft, peeling off the fingers. Cover with a cloth and let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
Peel onions and slice them. Melt them gently in a pan with oil until they become transparent. After removing the rind, cut out the bacon into thin slices.
Preheat oven to 475° F
Divide dough in half, spread it as thinly as possible (it should be almost transparent) into two disks (or rectangle). Place each on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (wrap dough around a rolling pin to lift).
Moisten the tower, lift the edges and roll them to form a bead around very flat.
Prick each piece of dough with a fork, spread half the cream over, and spread half the onions and slices of bacon on each hand. Salt and pepper.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!